Order your Covid-19 home sample collection kit which will then be sent to our accredited laboratories for testing.
Order your home sample collection kit which will then be sent to our accredited laboratories for testing for as little as £130
Our pioneering test for COVID-19 utilises PCR to accurately and reliably diagnose COVID-19, thus facilitating appropriate containment and reducing further spread of disease. Our test comprises two tests for COVID-19; one specific and one confirmatory as recommended by the WHO.
Our rapid testing service is used within the UK government’s national COVID-19 testing programme, with Randox responsible for up to 17% of the total tests carried out.
To find out more, call us on 028 90 233 101, email us at email@example.com or visit our Belfast clinic to speak to one of staff.
COVID-19 TEST – HOME SAMPLE COLLECTION KIT
|Home Kit Cost||£130|
Payment must be made upfront.
The kit provided is used for the collection of upper respiratory specimens.
Your kit will include;
- Transportation box
- 1 Pathoseal Bag
- 1 swab
- 1 large postal envelope
- 1 sample collection tube
- Sample Collection Instructions
- 1 Transportation Tube
- Screening Request form
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Request Form included in the sampling kit.
- Wash hands before starting
- Open the package containing the swab and remove without touching the soft tip.
- Insert swab into mouth and swab the back of the throat and tonsils and either side of the throat avoiding the tongue.
- While holding the swab, screw off the sample collection tube lid and place swab in the tube.
- Break off the end of the swab and the breakpoint and screw the lid back on tightly.
- Place the sample collection tube within the transport tube and seal with the lid provided.
- Place transportation tube inside the Pathoseal bag. Absorbent material will already be in situ.
- Seal pathoseal bag by removing the metallic silver strip. Ensure the blue adhesive strips have made a tight seal of the bag.
- Insert the pathoseal bag into the transportation box which should then be put inside the Postal Envelope provided and taken to a post office/courier arranged to be sent to the address.
What is a PCR Test?
The Randox COVID-19 Home Test Kit uses Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technologies.
PCR tests are designed to diagnose individuals with an active infection i.e. those currently infected with SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Unlike antibody-based tests which detect the presence of antibodies produced by the body’s immune system in response to the virus and indicate previous infection, PCR tests detect the virus’s genetic material – specifically RNA fragments – and are used to diagnose a current infection.
Why Should I take the test?
You should take a COVID-19 PCR test if you have symptoms, have been advised to take a test by the Track and Trace Programme, or require a negative result in advance of travel.
How Accurate is the test?
Our COVID-19 test was evaluated and accepted by Public Health England. In its evaluation of the test, Public Health England’s report noted that the assay correctly identified all positive and negative samples without exception.
The test is also being used within the UK Government’s national COVID-19 testing programme.
How is the test carried out?
Your sample will be analysed by Randox at our UKAS-accredited laboratory. The test uses revolutionary Randox Biochip Technology to provide an accurate diagnosis for COVID-19.
What does a postive result mean?
A positive result for COVID-19 means that you currently have the SARS-COV-2 virus and are potentially infectious to others.
Will the test tell me if I already have had COVID-19?
The Randox COVID-19 Home Test Kit is a PCR based test that will detect current COVID-19 infections.
It will not detect a past infection. To detect past infection you will require an antibody test.
Payment must be made upfront.
Will I get a fit to fly certificate?
Via email confirmation, you will receive a pdf which details your personal information, as well as a certificate of your results to use whilst travelling. Results are reported within 24 hours of our laboratories receiving the home sample collection test kit
For more answers to questions please visit.
Oxford St, Belfast BT1 3NQ
028 90 233 101
048 90 233 101 (R.O.I.)
Open 8:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri